12 January, 2012

Soft Yarn, Soft Cowl

Margaret from French Market Fibers gifted me a 383 yard "test" skein of MCN (merino, cashmere & nylon -- I had to look that up myself once) and it has been made up into a lusciously soft cowl.


the pattern is
Variance, by Lisa Mutch of Northbound Knitting

The yarn is quite soft;  I was slightly surprised :) and then realized I usually knit with much tighter twist yarn that produces a "denser" fabric.  This turn out perfect, however, as the cowl is super soft against my neck.  I added 15 extra stitches between the sections to make it a tad bit longer, so I can wear it doubled or even wrap it up at my chin level 3 times.  I'm wearing it now!  Thanks so much, Margaret! 

1 comment:

Margaret said...

I'm so glad you love it! It looks so wonderful on you :)