17 August, 2011

Social Media and Ravelry

I joined the Google+ group on Ravelry as soon as I joined up with Google+, but honestly haven't had a chance to look at the threads.  I peek at Google+ as often as I can, but have had more time in the last few days.  I now see I've "missed" a Google+Rav KAL ... but it's making me go and read the threads on the group ...

which is GREAT because I've discovered there is a database now for Rav/Google+ members.  Wow.  I actually started adding people to my Google+circles but then realized .... ummm .... there are over 800+ people in the database.  Wow.  So I'm just going through the database to see if there is anyone I recognize and adding them.  It will be interesting to see what we all do with Google+ as Rav people.

Otherwise, August is marching along.  The light is changing in the mornings ... kind of weird after bright early early morning sunshine.  I started the WestKnits Mystery KAL but didn't like my yarn combinations and then realized I'm not in love with the whole design so far (I know I'm in a tiny minority in that!).  Anne Hanson's Knitspot Fall in Color Club has just started with the first pattern release on 8/15, so I'll be busy working on that scarf.

We don't have much more time here before we go home mid-Septemberish -- can't wait.  It will be a little strange to go into warm weather though in Sacramento -- it's been coolish here in Kz most of the summer, with some warm days and then a day like today where I have a sweater on.

Meanwhile .. back to looking at the Google+ Rav member list!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I have to admit that even though I'm not 100% sold on the WestKnits Earth & Sky pattern either, I am a Frank Lloyd Wright fan and so for that reason alone I have to love this pattern. Plus, it was a great excuse to use up a bunch of Madeline Tosh yarn, which I definitely love!

Now I'm off to check out the Fall in Color club...

fluffbuff said...

You've been busy on Google+
So far no one else in my circles is posting much, including me. Still have to get used to being back on social media other than Ravelry.

MaryjoO said...

I've only been busy today lol I've spent August being down w/a couple of bugs and now have a cold ?? So I was happily dead on the computer most of the day ... The problem really is ALL the social media to check on all the time!