12 July, 2011

Textiles and more, in Astana

Hubby took me to the National Academic Library recently to remind me about the yurt/tent bands hanging from the 2nd floor ceiling - they are glorious.  Amazon.com has a booklet that may or may not be available; my copy is at home.


If you have nothing else to do this summer and want to put up a yurt in your back yard, here is one of many suggestions from the world wide web LOL

We also went to the English-Kazkah Eagilik bookstore library to get some (Krygz) project bags for me to bring back as goodies for knitting friends


the shop was "behind" the main street, and when we parked and then walked to the "back" we felt as if we had stepped back in time to the 1980s and our time in Moscow -- it looks the same, except for the car model LOL.  But it is a little cleaner!


I couldn't resist picking up these other items, esp. the DVD on Kazakh/Russian recipes



No comments: