07 April, 2010

April snow and rounding up the usual knitting suspects

 
We're up in snow country and have survived some huge dumps but it is beautifully sunny now, so the skiing family member has a great morning each day out in the 20+ inches of fresh snow.  Spring will come soon enough, but right now,everyone seems to be enjoying this last gift from Mother Nature.

We were also able to have our annual roast lamb dinner up here, too, along with the mandatory Easter candy bowl (no baskets since no small children are around LOL).



I've been knitting on various things, and changing my mind often.  I did get a Twitter KAL done -- Lithuanian Wristers by Donna Druchunas 


And while we've been up here, I've found a new  mountain-local LYS - maisieblue -- in Murphy's CA.  The shop is a lovely gift shop ... that happens to also stock mostly Malabrigo and be a haven for knitters.  I plan to spend a lot of time there this summer, I think.  I've helped lessen her inventory of Malabrigo sock yarn, and some Silky Merino that I made the wristers above out of.  The Silky Merino is so soft, and very warm stranded -- can't imagine making much out of it except for mittens LOL -- you would have to be very cold to survive wearing a sweater made from this!

I've found a lovely no-brainer ribbed sock pattern to use with some heavily variegated Blue Moon Fiber Arts Socks that Rock lightweight yarn, but  am still sitting here in my jammies knitting like a fiend to see if I am going to make it through the first sock with enough yarn.  Sigh.  Yes, I DID divide the skein into 2 cakes when I wound the wool.  Hopefully this yarn colorway isn't sooo old that I won't be able to get another skein if I need to - but I don't want to jinx myself and look on their site yet!

I seem to spend a lot of time on Twitter -- there are so many knitters there now it is like reading quick blog postings. There is also plenty of technology available to shorten URLs to reference something and to post photos.  Definitely fun!  I always seem to be learning something, too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The snow is gorgeous. Perfect knitting weather. I'd love to come and knit with you!!!

Don't panic about the STR. You'll be able to find someone on ravelry that has it! It may even be me!