10 February, 2008

Mitten books from the Estonian National Museum

 

 


Nancy Bush from The Wooly West has these two books in stock now -- "heritage" mittens from the Estonian National Museum. The booklets are lovely, as they are also in English.

Look at the fabulous "wave" pattern above -- what a fun idea to think about!

The wool I menitoned in my last post isn't fingering, but is thin enough for stranded knitting and therefore good for mittens -- so I'll have to go back and get more colors! It doesn't have that "superwash" feel, so I suspect I'll be using it a lot.

Thanks to the internet, we can all see what different yarns can be used for stranded knitting. I saw a blog recently where the owner had ordered colors of Finullgarn from Nordic Fiber Arts for mitten work. I'm waiting for a KnitPicks palette order to come to try that, too.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: