13 February, 2008

Slow to catch on...

I'm terrible about "trying" new yarns that I physically haven't "touched" -- I like to know what my fingers will be working with.

But I'm also in love with Latvian, Norwegian, and Estonian mittens. Ravelry has just whetted my appetite more, with lovely examples being knitted up by a lot of people.

We all have seen mittens appear now and then from the Yarn Harlot and others, but my favorite person to watch right now is Ann from med pinner. She has been recommending the KnitPicks Palette yarns, so I plunged and got the "sampler" -- one of each color.



So, in the midst of all my WIPS but with a semi-free afternoon, I cast on one of Nancy Bush's mittens from the July/August 2006 Piecework Magazine issue.

The yarn is "thicker" than I would have thought for fingering, but it's soft, and so far on 2.25 mm needles it's working fine! Stay tuned for progress -- the colors don't change more than 2x per row, I don't think.

This weekend though I am going to do my February TIF challenge work!

No comments: