23 January, 2012

Stripe Study Shawl

I'm thrilled that Veera Välimäki from 100% Rain is having such success with her knitting designs:  my Stripe Study Shawl appears to be the 1,841st of the finished ones on Ravelry :)  She has many other shawl designs, and we are all waiting for a February release of another one.


My Stripe Study (and there will be more) was knit in Malabrigo Sock yarn in Turner/Candombe colorways.  This is one of my favorite yarns as I am drawn to the super tight-twisted yarns.  Malabrigo has a lot of colors in this line, too, so the sky is the limit for combinations.  


I'm tidying up my stash (again!) and have seen that a Stripe Study has been made in Zauberball and doubled alapca lace by Plymouth .... if I can find the Plymouth lace, that will be my next Stripe Study.  It will be a lot lighter than this one, and perhaps a tiny bit smaller :)  I very gently blocked this Stripe Study, otherwise I would have been able to pull it out long enough to sleep wrapped up in it!

1 comment:

Miss Odd said...

I totally LOVE the color combination. Excellent choice!