03 May, 2008

Diversions: Schoolhouse Press Latvian mitten KAL

We all have diversions in life that help us cope with the "I should be doing....." as in I should starting the "getting ready to move in early fall" sorting through things.

I keep thinking about what I am going to do with our cooking magazines, how many old clothes to get rid of, whether we should keep some of our 220v appliances like our beloved Krups espresso maker in case we do go someplace else, and ...and ...and ... these things tend to keep you up in the middle of the night as moving day eventually approaches.

But I do have some time, and all summer, so I'm going to be a "one project" girl for a while and work on a KAL knitting project of a Latvian fringed mitten that Lizbeth Upitis and Schoolhouse Press are offering. They've also set up a Yahoo group for this, and questions have already been flying about making the fringe.
There is a Ravelry thread on this under the Knit Like a Latvian group.

These mittens are among my beloved projects, but I've never done one with a fringe before. So today, before we go off to an afternoon bbq, I'll start.

No comments: