18 March, 2007

Addi Turbos (knitting needles) To The Rescue

Thanks to some circular Addi Turbo knitting needles I can knit with quite a bit more comfort with my broken arm.

Often referred to as the "Cadillac" of knitting needles, their smoothness cuts me a lot of slack on how much I have to move my elbow and hand in using them. So I can now work on two projects at a time: the Ruffles scarf and the Misty Garden scarf, both in the Scarf Style book. Both scarves are very easy and almost mindless, and just want I need at the moment.

The Addi Turbos are made in Germany, and are smooth and slick and have quite a cult following among knitters. Brenda Dayne from Cast On and Dave from Chubb Creek have even given them their own sound in Episode Six: the light saber swishing sound from Star Wars.

And have now just found this from knit and wax poetic
Ode to Addi Turbo