06 January, 2012

Stash: future Van Doesburg

I need to take frequent breaks from the jellyfish shawl (see post below) so of course I'm always poking around on Ravely or someone's blog.

I realized a couple of days ago that while up here in the mountains I have worn my

Aestlight Shawl from The Shetland Trader practically non-stop.  I also have one skein of The Sanguine Gryphon Little Traveller left in my stash, so I'm thinking of using it for

Lisa Mutch's Van Doesburg shawl.  I always need something to "counter" lace/colorwork or to have to work on in the car, and this looks like it might fit the bill.

Lisa is Northboundknitting and has wonderful yarns and patterns.  I'm sitting on my hands NOT to order yarn for her shawl though ... too bad for her LOL.  I still have a lovely skein of hers that I won in a giveaway -- when I get ready to use it, I will look for "more" or something else to go with it on her etsy.com site. I've been working on Lisa's Variance during the holiday season in the car and am probably 80% finished with it.

 I do really like the Little Traveller and hope that one of the "new" companies out of The Sanguine Gryphon will be re-issuing the yarn.  It is "sproongy" but very very comfortable -- not scratchy nor does it make you "sweaty."

Back to the jellyfish! 

No comments: