01 December, 2008

Light at the end of the tunnel - for today!

We are merrily making progress getting set up and unpacked, and I'm a lot more relaxed.

Major piles are out of the way, IKEA Billy shelves are being assembled, and now we are just waiting for new furniture to be delivered. After that, we will then "gird our loins" for the 300+ boxes coming next week.

Our house was built in the early 1990s, I think, and the bedroom seems large enough for "ball room dancing." So I have my new IKEA desk in there, with a great halogen desk lamp, and with wireless internet humming along, I'm in heaven.

No knitting is being done, but my sewing room is showing its potential and has lovely morning light.

We have unpacked things we have NO recollection of, and the "trash guy" is coming this morning to take away musty "soft" items. But here is a find I had forgotten about

(a Ghzel piece from Russia)

moving on, (no pun intended), a view from our kitchen sink window


and to keep me thinking about knitting, look at the cool stamps on a package I got from Norway an exchange -- hope my package gets to the recipient soon!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I so can't wait to see pictures of your house once you moved all the boxes in there!

Anonymous said...

I can't even imagine unpacking an entire house. We've lived in the same house since we got married, 22 years! I'm glad you're finding some forgotten treasures. I hope you find the yarn boxes first!