07 June, 2008

Summer of shawls

When I'm not moving piles around for the next couple of months, I'm going to work on two shawls:

the Voyager lace shawl from elann.com


I'll use this Classic Elite Provence cotton yarn



it's the perfect pattern for what I need -- something to wear over my shoulders, throw into a car, drop on a chair ... BUT working with cotton reminds me why I really prefer WOOL. I originally purchased the cotton for a short sleeved summer cardigan, but with my loose knitting habits it's much better made up into a stole that has "wonky" stitches even at the beginning of the pattern (6 rows of garter stitch, uneven sides, sigh)

The other shawl I'll work on is Evelyn Clark's Heartland Lace Shawl in a locally-acquired alpaca wool in sky blue --- it will be very pretty.

There is a KAL on Ravelry for the Heartland Lace Shawl and here are SOME of many other shawl groups:
Shawl Lovers, Year of Lace 2008, 2Klace, and Summer of Lace.

And don't forget the Knitting Olympics -- my countdown timer on my computer says only 60 days to go! It will be fascinating!

1 comment:

Dee D said...

You've been tagged. Hope you will play the game - the rules are at my blogspot.