30 November, 2007

Pavlovsky Posad factory shawls

 

 
Posted by Picasa


When in Russia, one tends to take these shawls for granted. I already had the orange paisley one below, and then was able to buy another one here at the local haberdashery: "Atele Elegant".
 

 

Pavlovsky Posad factory shawls have been made since the middle of the 1800's. The shawls usually have a floral center, come in different color themes, and are extremely warm, in spite of being thin.

Due to its size, it is hard to get a total shot. This shawl is 140cmX140cm -- about 55"x55".
Posted by Picasa



This is my new shawl, bought as an early Christmas present.
 

I was so pleased they had it in the "bolshoi" size -- it is 180cmX160cm, about 71in by 63in. I wanted one large enough to wrap totally around "and back" to keep my arms draft free. I love the "not so bright" floral pattern on this one: I think I even might have a Russian tray similiar to this pattern.
 
Posted by Picasa


Another shawl I got out: this is at least 10 years old, or even from the 80's!
 
Posted by Picasa


(Another link for these shawls)