11 September, 2006

On the Needles: Priscilla's Dream Socks and Short Row Hell

I'm on my third try of the socks with the yarn-over short row heels -- all so I can improve enough to be worthy of the Grapevine socks!

Have found a few sites on the internet: Purlwise and Alison Knits and
Purly Whites (which I just found after I decided to move on, holes and all) ... I am sure there are even more places. Practce, I guess, and sew up inside. Picture to come.

POST SCRIPT September 12: Have now frogged the short row heel 4 times. This next attempt will definitely be a "take it or leave it" job. You have to laugh: lots of internet searching for tips for short row heels + yarnovers -- seems I am NOT alone in not mastering this. One Blogger even went so far as to call it "The Smell of Fear." We can't be all wimps ... or huge perfectionists, but it is frustrating!!