16 September, 2006

Frogged ... Priscilla's socks



After finishing 1/2 of the ribbing for the second sock and going to bed, I'd decided I'd had enough. Ribbing was too loose -- top part on number 2 needles, obviously for someone with wider calves than me. The rest of the sock was fine on number 1 needles.

Also don't care for knit 2 purl 2 ribbing for the entire top part of the sock ... bbbb-or -ring. Realized I need "fancier" patterns to keep my interest. So, I'll start the Hedera socks from Knitty Spring 06. I'll add an inch to the leg part to make it a little longer for me though.

It looks like a tighter fit which I think I will like better. The size I chose for the Priscilla socks was just too big, believe it or not. So, some lessons learned. And, I forgot to mention, the dye lot on this Koigu is not even -- there are some splotches that show up and this is NOT varigated yarn. But it is such a "comfortable" yarn to work with.